Sunday, November 7, 2010

CHICAGO

WARNING: extra long post ahead!
Danny and I took a quick trip to Chicago, Illinois last weekend! And there was just so many cool buildings and things that I had never seen that I just kinda went picture crazy, hence the super long blog post....


We walked around Soldier Field where the Chicago Bears play

There were Chicago-style tall and skinny houses and apartment buildings all over

We saw some crazy architecture and designs

The NBC building

We visited the Navy Pier
We took our first ferris wheel ride together

There were enormous buildings everywhere you looked

These are the five boys i was stuck with for the weekend :) It was a good group and we had a lot of fun together

We visited the famous giant Chicago Coffee Bean

We rode the trains and busses just like the ones you see in the movies

The Willis Tower is the tallest building in North America at the moment! I can't believe we got to see it :)

We walked around the Chicago Board of Trade building and the Chicago Stock Exchange

We ate some extremely delicious deep dish pizza at Gino's East. This is the place everyone we talked to told us to go and it was good advice. It had a really fun atmosphere and even better pizza.
We even got to make our mark there. Can you find us in the crazy maze of names?

I have to admit that I never thought I would ever get to go to Chicago in my whole life so it was really awesome to get to go together and just see what it was like and how different it is from Moses Lake, Washington and Boise, Idaho. We were kinda stunned and I felt like I was visiting a movie set almost everywhere we went.

2 comments: